Stay Tuned for an even better AIR. Plans are in the works to make this a database driven site. What does that mean? More searchable, more malleable, quicker, and customizable.
Built ??, photos from December 2005. Razed for a new Sierra Suites Hotel beginning January 2007.
Built ?? and vacant since ??. Photos starting 2005. Demolition began December 2009.
Built 1913, vacant since ??. Photographs starting February, 2004. Fronting Conant St with a back alley on Lily Pond Streets.
Built 1895’s and modified in the 50’s and 60’s, photos starting 2006.
Built 1950’s? Photographs starting October 2004. Demolished June 2005.
Built ?? and vacant since ??. Photos starting 2003. Demolition starting December 2009. Part of a once-bustling commercial district on North Main Street near the Pawtucket border.
Built app. 1915, photographs starting May 2002. Demolished Sept 2002. Formerly located at Junction of Rt 10 and Rt 6, Providence. National Register Historic Status.
Built 1888, closed in 1981. Photographs starting Nov 23, 2003. Designed by William R. Walker and Son.
Built 1900, vacant since the 1980s. Once the Trolley Barn and later storage warehouse for the Narragansett Brewing Company. Photos from October 4, 2003. Demolition started May 31, 2005.
Opened 2001, closed March 28 2007. Photos from the closing night. A much-loved
small dog-friendly West Side bar with a lot of heart.
Formerly known as the Valley Worsted Mills. Built in 1866, photosstarting February 2002. Demolished starting Dec 2001. A 13 acre site, bounded by Atwells Ave, Eagle Street, and Valley Street. Listed on PPS 10 Most Endangered Buildings 2001.
Built 1940’s??, photos starting June 2002. Demolished June 2002.
Built 1908, Murphy, Hindle & Wright, architects. Destroyed by fire January 12, 2011.
Built 1917, photos starting June 2005. Demolition slated for Summer of 2009.
Built 1930s? and then modified in the 1950s. Photographs starting October 2004. In most recent years the building housed a “Buck a Book” store. Demolished the summer of 2007.
Built 1893 – produced heavy-machine castings, water pipes, steam engines, and other heavy-metal products. Torn down in February, 2012.
Built 1968, photos mostly April 21, 2003. Demolished April 21, 2003.
Built ?? Photos from May 2009. What’s left of the former Harris Lumber Company site (gone since 2001).
Built 1954, photos by Gemma April-July 1989. Demolished July 1989.
Built 1901, photos April 2003. Vacant since ??, and a fire in July 28, 2004. Demolition Nov 2004 & Feb 2005.
Built ??, photos starting June 2003. Vacant since 1990s. Demolished April 2005.
Built ca.1820, photos mostly December, 2004. Closed December, 2003, and demolished Winter 2005.
Opened July 1940, use ceased 1992. Photos taken October 2003, demolished (dynamited) April 18, 2006. Spanned the West Passage of Narragansett Bay from Jamestown (Conanicut Island) to North Kingstown. RIDOT bridge #400.
Building built ?? Javaspeed business started in 2002. Closed its doors at the end of 2009.
Started as a school for the misfits of the day in 1908. Closed in 1993. Photographed during the winter 2002. Somehwre in Exeter, RI (we are not sure where, these photos came to us without directions or an address).
Built app. 1906 and vacant since 1987. The WBNA has plans to redevelop this building, which has been plagued by fire and decay.
Built 1927 as a gym and recreation center for Brown University. Photos started the summer 2001, and demolition was complete by summer, 2002. This building was one of the first ten to get added to AIR
Built 1888. Demolition to make way for “Brewery Parkade” started 1998. All buildings gone by 2000. Bounded by New Depot Avenue, Cranston Street and Garfield Avenue in Cranston, RI.
Built 1868, photos starting Fall 2003. Photos of demolition Dec 2005. National Register of Historic Places, part of Watch Hill Historic District
Built ??, photos Feb – Mar 2004. Demolished March 2004
Built 1822, photos April 29 2005. Fire struck the complex March 30, 2005.
La Salle Square, corner of Fountain St and Greene St, Providence. Built c.1940, photos starting April, 2004. Demolition began Aug 1, 2007.
Built 1856, photos starting October 2006. Partially demolished and rehabbed for a New York Loft Hotel.
Built late 1929, photos starting 1998. Vacant since 2000. Originally Jenks and Ballou Architects. Listed on the National Register. Demolished 2008.
Built 1846, photos starting July 2001. Demolition in July 2001.
Built 1929 and 1950, photos starting October 2004. Demolition in December 2005.
Built 1867, rebuilt in 1918. Photographed starting June 14, 2002. Partially demolished September, 2002.
Built 1923, photos starting September 2005. Torn down for condos during 2006.
Built started 1847. First amusement installed 1918. Photographed June 1996. Slowly taken apart 1996 - 2002. Finally bulldozed in 2003.
Built ??, photos starting January 2007. Vacant for a long time, finally demolished for a Walgreens in 2007.
Built 1847-49, Architect Thomas A. Tefft. Photos starting from 2003. A slow- but steady-burning kitchen fire demolished the building on May 22, 2006.
Built 1864 and later. Photos starting June 10, 2001. Demolished summer 2001.
Built in 1973. Designed by architect Daniel F. Tully. Rehabilitiated a few times before closing for good in April 2007. Demolished February 2008.
Built and occupied??. Photos from January 2005. Located at 121 Empire St, where Muldowney’s Pub is now.
Built ??, photos from October 2007 until it’s demolition in January 2008.
Built 1873 and later, photos starting March 2003. Demolition from April 21 through July 23. National Register of Historic Places, 1993.
Demolished late 2005, photos starting February 2004.
Built ??, photos from 1985. Not sure of the orginal location.